We love that you make the most out of the process, and that is why here in Educonnecting we'll accompany you at every stage so that you enjoy it to the fullest.

Follow us on:

Image Alt
Updates covid-19




Confirmed Cases





In Australia



Confirmed Cases





Frequently Asked Questions

Is the Government of New South Wales offering aid to international students?

Yes, the NSW Government established a fund of AUD 20 million which seeks to protect those who are vulnerable and don’t have a place to stay. This accommodation will be limited to holders of international student visas with primary needs. There are other aids that the Government has arranged for food, legal advice, mental health support, among others.


Learn more here

What will change from May 15?

Starting Friday, May 15, only the following will be allowed:

  • Outdoor meetings of up to 10 people.
  • Cafes and restaurants have the capacity for 10 customers at a time and continue to provide takeaway services.
  • Only 5 visitors can be in someone else's house at any time.
  • Weddings can have up to 10 guests plus the celebrant and the couple.
  • Indoor funerals can hold up to 20 mourners and outdoor funerals can hold up to 30 people.
  • Religious gatherings and places of worship can have up to 10 worshipers.
  • Outdoor recreation places and exercise equipment can be used with caution.
  • Outdoor pools will be open with restrictions.
Do these changes apply to everyone?

Yes, but it is important that you do not leave your home if you have symptoms such as tiredness, runny nose or sore throat.
Everyone should continue practising physical distancing and good hygiene.

Are local and regional travels allowed for vacation and recreation in New South Wales?

No, regional travel for vacation is not allowed yet. Since it is important to have the appropriate precautions to avoid outbreaks in regional and rural communities. We will update the community when this changes.
You can only travel if it is a business trip in NSW.

Why has NSW not adopted all the changes in Step 1 of the Commonwealth Government framework?

Each state has its own circumstances and must be able to move at its own pace. NSW will consider other changes when it is safe to do so, based on statistics and the best health advice available. This tip will be based on evidence, case tracking, and the use of technology such as the COVIDSafe application.

Will there be police sanctions for people who do not comply with the rules?

Yes, it is important that you are attentive and keep the rules about physical distance. The NSW police will continue to work with the community to help maintain the achievements that have been made so far.

Is the Government of Victoria offering aid to international students?

The Government of Victoria established an International Emergency Aid Fund for international students of $45 million AUD, with a one-time payment that will be made to those who have lost their jobs and are experiencing economic difficulties due to the crisis caused by COVID-19.


Learn more here

Can I leave my home during the period of social distancing?

According to the new arrangements contemplated in the three-step plan, which came into effect on Tuesday, May 12, during this period you can leave your home:

  • To buy food and other essential goods and services.
  • If you require any medical service or if you are going to provide care to a person.
  • To attend your work or go to study at your educational institution.
  • To exercise and participate in public recreational activities that comply with the rules of social distancing.
  • To visit friends, family and loved ones while adhering to the rules.
  • In an emergency or as required by law.
Can I leave my house to go to work?

If your work cannot be done from home, you can go to work. When you are at your workplace, you must have adequate physical distance keeping at least 1.5 meters between you and others. Additionally, you must practice good hygiene.
It is important that if you can work from home, do it.

Can I go to my classes at TAFE, college or university?

Yes, if necessary, you can take your classes in the educational institution's establishment, but you must bear in mind that physical distance must be applied wherever you are, keeping at least 1.5 meters between you and the others at all times.
Try to spend as little time as possible in places like libraries and study areas. If you have group work, they should be developed using online tools.
Whenever possible try to continue your studies from home.

What are the reasons why I can leave my house?

You can leave your home for any of the following personal reasons:

  • To visit your doctor or to obtain medical supplies.
  • To donate blood.
  • To provide child or elder care services in the home of someone who needs to leave for one of the permitted reasons: work or study.
  • If you have responsibilities as a caregiver, for example, picking up or dropping off children in a foster home or a care arrangement.
  • To provide care and support to a relative or other person, such as shopping, cooking, or cleaning the house, due to their old age, illness, disability, or chronic health condition.
  • If you are pregnant or have health problems (physical-mental).
  • Visiting someone in a senior care facility, disability accommodation, residential care facility, or hospital.
  • To attend the funeral service of a relative or friend, keeping in mind that there is a maximum number of mourners allowed.
  • To get married, or to be a witness or guest at a wedding, taking into account that the maximum number of people allowed is 10 plus the celebrant and the couple.
  • To attend a religious service of up to 10 people.
  • If you feel that your life is at risk due to domestic violence
Can I have visitors at my house?

You can have up to 5 people visiting you at any time, in addition to those who normally live with you. Children are counted as visitors in the total limit of people.
If you are visiting someone's house, you must guarantee adequate physical distance by maintaining at least 1.5 meters and practising good hygiene. If you feel bad, preferably do not visit anyone.
You should ask yourself if you need to have visitors because to keep in touch you can use video calls, phone calls, text messages or social media.

Is the Queensland Government offering aid to international students?

Yes, the Queensland Government has increased its aid package to AUD 15 million in order to support international students experiencing financial difficulties as a result of COVID-19. If you study with a Queensland-based private education and training provider, you may be eligible for $500 AUD financial support.


Learn more here

Has social distancing changed?

No. You must continue practising social distancing when you leave your home.

Are there penalties if I don't comply?

Yes. If you don't comply, you can receive a fine on the spot of $1,334 for individuals and $6,670 for corporations under the Public Health Act of 2005.

How many visitors can I have in my home?

Starting May 10, 2020, you can have a maximum of five visitors in your home if they live in the same home or you can have two visitors if they are from different homes.
They should practice social distancing as much as possible:

  • Stay at least 1.5 meters from other people.
  • Handwashing.
  • Avoid hugging, kissing, and handshaking.
In what situations can I leave my home?
  • To Carry out a recreational activity less than 50 km from your home:
  • To go on a picnic (as a home or as an individual + friend).
  • To visit a national park that remains open.
  • When driving a car, riding a motorcycle, jet ski or other vehicles.
  • To visit your doctor, hospital or other health services.
  • To obtain essential goods and services such as food, medicine and fuel.
  • To perform essential work or business.
  • To Attend child or elder care.
  • When supporting immediate family members or visiting a terminally ill relative.
  • To visit another person's residence.
  • To attend a funeral or a wedding.
  • To avoid injury, illness or damage, including domestic and family violence.
  • To comply with a police order or court order.
Can I travel 50 km for recreation and then spend the night (or several nights)?

No. Short-term rental and short-term accommodation providers cannot offer accommodation for vacation or pleasure purposes. Accommodation providers can only allow people to stay for a reason allowed under the Directorate for Closure of Nonessential Businesses, Activities and Undertakings, for example for work

Latest News

Discover why Educonnecting is the Agency that can best accompany you at every stage of your Adventure in Australia.

Contact us para que te ayudemos a vivir los momentos más inolvidables.


Do you want to receive more content?
Sign up for our newsletter and receive all the information about our events and news in your email.