Taking a VET in Australia or New Zealand is a great option to acquire an introduction to a specific professional area or to seek for a quick degree with a lot of practice.
One of the main characteristics of the technical courses in Australia and New Zealand is the strong link that schools and private companies have in various sectors, that allows the courses to be developed according to the needs of the current market and with great emphasis on practical learning.
Other added values that make a technical course in Australia or New Zealand an attractive option:
- Qualified teachers with extensive industrial experience.
- Small classes of 15 to 20 students per course.
- Constant re-evaluation of courses and market needs, through consultations with industries in various sectors.
- The emphasis on practical and technical learning.
- Wide range of courses available.
- The start dates of the courses are similar to the Colombian school calendar - February and July. Some private technical schools offer more options to start their courses.
- In addition to all this, the technical courses in New Zealand and Australia have a modular structure, which allows the student to establish the study time and the final grade he will obtain.
The duration of each module varies from 3 months to a year, depending on the type of course and the chosen school.