Support package for international students living in South Australia.
Reading time: 2 minutes
The Government of South Australia has demonstrated its commitment to the international community by announcing a new support package for international students of $13.8 million. This support package is specifically designed to help international students who are currently in South Australia and are experiencing financial difficulties.
These are the three main components of the international student support package:
- The Government of South Australia, in partnership with the state's three public universities, will match the funds to alleviate the difficulties students are experiencing due to the COVID-19 crisis. This funding will be distributed among the University of Adelaide, Flinders University and the University of South Australia for their international students.
- An emergency grant of $500 AUD will be available for other international students who are in the ELICOS, VET and Higher Education sectors who do not study in one of the aforementioned public universities.
- For students from schools living with families in South Australia, a one-time attendance fee of $200 AUD per student will be provided to host families, to help with accommodation costs.
This important financial package adds to the work already being done by education providers, agents and community groups in Adelaide, who have provided timely and effective assistance to all international students during this pandemic.
Frequently asked questions:
Am I eligible to receive the emergency cash payment of $500 AUD as part of the ISSP (International Student Support Package)?
This subsidy may be claimed by international students who are experiencing financial difficulties and who meet the following criteria:
- You must be enrolled to study with an education provider who has a campus in South Australia.
- You must reside in South Australia.
- You must be a higher education student at one of South Australia's private higher education institutions / private universities.
- You must be a student of Education and Vocational Training (VET) (excluding students in combined programs with one of the three public universities in South Australia *)
- You must be an English student (excluding students in combined programs with one of the three public universities in South Australia *)
If you meet any of these criteria and can demonstrate the financial difficulties you are going through as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, you can apply.
* South Australia's public universities are Flinders University, University of Adelaide and University of South Australia.
How do I prove that I am experiencing financial difficulties as a result of COVID-19?
If you have financial difficulties, you must demonstrate a loss of income and present your bank statements.
I have not been employed before, can I request it?
Yes, if you meet the eligibility criteria and your financial situation has been affected by the COVID-19 crisis, then you can request the emergency cash payment of $500 AUD.
Where can I get more information to register my interest:
Who can I contact for more information on the status of my application?
If you need an update on the status of your application, you can email [email protected]
If you were interested: "Support package for international students living in South Australia." Stay tuned to our social media y suscríbete a nuestro Newsletter, así conocerás todas las actualizaciones y anuncios que se vayan dando con respecto a esta situación ¡En Educonnecting, we are with you!