You can now apply for financial support for temporary accommodations in NSW
The NSW Government has provided financial support for temporary accommodations to international students who have been affected during the COVID-19 pandemic.
This assistance will be delivered through approved student housing and family accommodation providers. The NSW service is managing the application process to assign temporary accommodation, as applicants will not be able to self select their accommodation.
To be eligible you must:
- Have an international student visa.
- Have been evicted.
- Have been fired from your job.
- Have less than $1500 AUD in savings.
- Have no other means of support.
To apply you need:
- A MyServiceNSW account.
- Your personal and contact information.
- Documentary evidence that you meet all the eligibility requirements detailed below:
International student visa status
- Your passport.
- A copy of your enrollment confirmation to study at NSW.
- Have a subclass 500 visa or a subclass 408 visa (pandemic event COVID-19).
Evidence of eviction
Present one of the following situations:
- NCAT eviction notice.
- Letter or email from a real estate agent or landlord voiding your lease.
- Other written evidence, like a text message or social media message from a real estate agent, landlord, primary tenant, or host family, terminating your stay.
- You will need to submit a letter, email, text message, or social media message from an employer terminating your contract.
- A copy of your bank statement(s) showing that you have less than $1500 AUD in savings.
A "letter of support" from your education provider confirming:
- Your name, student number and enrollment status.
- You must demonstrate that you have exhausted the available support channels from your provider.
- The contact details of a supplier representative with whom you can have communication to analyze your situation.
Note: If your education provider has closed, you can share the provider's name, contact details and website, so that it can be verified for closure.
How to apply:
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Log in or create your MyServiceNSW account.
- Complete the online form.
- Upload your supporting documents.
- Review the information and submit your request.
Your request will be evaluated and if they require more information they will contact you.
If your request is approved, your accommodation will be assigned and you will be notified of the next steps to follow.
The NSW service may request additional supporting documentation, in order to:
- Verify its authenticity.
- Confirm that you don’t currently live at one of the approved student accommodation providers under the scheme.
Please note that applicants may be subject to audit controls by the NSW Government or its representatives.
If you were interested in: "You can now apply for financial support for temporary accommodations in NSW." Stay tuned to our social media and subscribe to our Newsletter, so you will know all the updates and announcements that are given regarding this situation.