The portal to request an assistance package for international students from Queensland is now available
The portal to request the Queensland International Student Assistance Package is now open. The Government of Queensland will award an exceptional financial grant of $500 AUD to students who are experiencing financial difficulties due to COVID-19 and who meet the corresponding requirements.
You will be able to submit an application if you meet the eligibility criteria.
How do I apply:
Step 1: Check if you meet the following eligibility requirements:
• You CAN'T apply if:
You are an international student at a university in Queensland, you are enrolled in a TAFE or in a primary or secondary school, in this case, you must contact your institution to request assistance.
• You CAN apply if:
• You are older than 18.
• You are enrolled as a student in an educational institution in Queensland registered in the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Foreign Students (CRICOS).
• You have an international student visa authorising you to study at a Queensland educational and training institution.
• You live in Queensland.
• You have $1,500 AUD or less in your bank account to date, with proof of transactions as of May 19, 2020.
• You have a bank account in Australia.
Step 2: Apply on the Community Recovery portal:
Applications for the Queensland International Student Assistance Package are submitted on the Community Recovery portal of the Queensland Government Department of Communities, Disability, Services and Seniors.
Enter here to submit your request.
Step 3: Prepare the documentation for your request:
When submitting your application, you must complete an online form and attach the following documentation (none should be missing):
• A copy of your passport.
• Confirmation of Formal Enrollment (COE) in an educational or training institution registered with CRICOS in Queensland. (Attach your most recent COE)
• Proof of your address (could be a utility bill, a phone bill, a student ID, a pay stub, or international health insurance coverage).
• Status of Online Verification of Visa Rights (VEVO). You must present proof from VEVO to confirm your address and the status of your student visa.
- To do the VEVO, visit the website of the Department of Home Affairs.
- Save your VEVO receipt in a PDF document and attach it to your request.
- Your VEVO voucher must be dated May 19, 2020 onwards. Please do not attach an older receipt.
• Proof of the current balance of your bank account (such as an account statement or a screenshot of the account) showing your name, current balance and movements made from May 19, 2020 to the date when you submit the request.
It is important that you provide an Australian phone number so that they can contact you and inform you of the status of your request.
The information you enter must be truthful. If they detect that it is fraudulent, the State Government may take action on the matter.
If you have any questions regarding your application or technical problems, please email: [email protected]
Be patient as they may be responding to you after a few days, due to the many recent requests.
The sooner you make your application the better, as the platform will be closed once all the funds allocated from the international student assistance package are exhausted.
If you are an international student in Queensland but do not meet the above requirements, you can contact the Queensland Student Hub to meet with a support agent and explain your needs.
If you were interested in: "The portal to request an assistance package for international students from Queensland is now available": Stay tuned to our social media and subscribe to our Newsletter, so you will know all the updates and announcements that are given regarding this situation.