We love that you make the most out of the process, and that is why here in Educonnecting we'll accompany you at every stage so that you enjoy it to the fullest.

Follow us on:

trabajar en la industria

Requirements you must meet to work in the industry of your choice

If you have ever wondered what are the requirements that you must meet to work in the industry of your choice, this article will surely catch your attention, here are some training courses that you must take to work in the hospitality, construction and road safety industries. Additionally, you will also know the documents that you have to request to perform childcare or home cleaning. 

RSA (Resposible Service of Alcohol) 

If you live in the states of NSW, VIC, Queensland and are looking for a job in any establishment where they sell or serve alcohol, you must have the RSA, which is a training course that you must complete, so that you can work in this industry. It is important that you keep your card or certification handy while working.

According to the legislation, you must carry out refresher training every five years.

Keep in mind that it applies to all levels of personnel involved in the sale, services and promotion of alcohol in licensed premises:

* Food and beverage assistants.

* Bottled liquor sellers who sell in person, by phone, or online.

* Staff at the door of the winery, brewery and distillery.

* Supplier sales representatives.

* Security personnel who monitor customer behaviour.

* The license holder who is ultimately responsible for managing the Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA).

This course will provide you with various tools, including:

*Sell ​​and serve alcohol responsibly.

*Help clients drink within appropriate limits.

*Assess clients affected by alcohol and identify those who should be denied the sale or service.

Anyone who wants to work in hospitality, for example as a waiter or bartender, you can take this course, which takes only one day and costs approximately $150. It is important to know that depending on the state, the requirements may vary.

Working With Children (WWCC) para el estado de NSW, VIC

Blue Card for the State of Queensland

This is a requirement for all people working or volunteering in jobs related to children in Australia. This is a National Police Check (criminal record), and a review of reportable misconduct in the workplace.

The result of this check is an authorization or an impediment to work with children. The check will be valid for 5 years. Similarly, applicants are continuously monitored.

If you are an employee or self-employed, you will have to pay a fee to the WWCC. But if you are a volunteer, professional merit student, potential adoptive parent, or licensed caregiver, you won’t have to pay that fee.

The requirements are:

* For anyone over 18 years old.

* For anyone whose role involves direct or face-to-face physical contact with children.

* Your personal data, including date and place of birth.

* Your original proof of identity documentation.

In order to apply:

* Select the 'Apply online' button.

* Select 'Request your check'.

* Select 'Continue and apply'.

Complete the online form making sure that the name you enter exactly matches your ID.

Visit a service centre to present your original ID and (if applicable) pay the fee.

Keep in mind:

* Confirm that you need a check and then apply below.

* You must keep your contact information updated.

* Your check lasts for five years: renew it before it expires.

* You can change from volunteer to paid worker.

* No Refunds - please make sure you need it before submitting the application.

To request your WWCC online, here..

White Card: Construction induction training

This course is conducted to serve within the construction industry and is a mandatory legal health and safety requirement for all people involved in this work environment. 

Construction work is described in health and safety legislation as any work performed in connection with the construction, alteration, conversion, equipment, renovation, repair, maintenance, demolition, or dismantling of a structure.

So anyone doing these jobs must carry their valid White Card.

This course is designed to help you:

* Identify legislative health and safety requirements for construction jobs.

* Identify construction risks and risk control measures.

* Identify communication processes and health and safety reports.

* Identify incident and emergency response procedures.


For you to take this course, it is important that you have a basic understanding of reading and writing in English so that you can complete all the assessments.

The use of interpreters is not allowed.

You must present your id documents so that they can give you the guarantee to start the course. Please note that non-Australian driver's licenses are not accepted.

This has a cost of $119 AUD

Assessment methods

Among the methods of assessment are, practical tasks, oral and written questions, document review and role-plays.

Generally, the certificate is issued within 7 days after the day of the course.

Police Check

If you are going to work as a cleaner in a family home, some companies will ask you for the Police Check, which is a process that you can do 100% online and then print it, or you can also receive the document at home. This will investigate your entire history, in terms of legal background. It's super fast and easy, most checks are delivered within 24 hours.

You can verify your identity online using a webcam, mobile phone or tablet.

This police check is available in all Australian states:

Victoria, Tasmania, New South Wales, Queensland, Northern Territory, Western Australia, South Australia and Australian Capital Territory. No matter where you are in Australia, you can get checks for all of these locations.

To request this Check here..

Traffic Controller

If you want to work as a traffic controller, you will have to take a course, in which you will learn basic concepts of traffic management and safety for a day. This will allow you to minimise risks when working with moving traffic and be able to control traffic safely and effectively.

You will also learn how to use a two-way radio and how to manage traffic in an emergency situation.

If you are in Sydney you will need the "White Card" and the "Blue Card".

Many of our students come to Australia not only with the intention of studying but also working. As in many countries, in certain positions or sectors, it is necessary to obtain a certificate to work in Australia.

These titles take a day to be processed, their cost ranges around $400 AUD. The Blue Card can be obtained at a training centre (make sure it's a trustworthy site) and the White Card can be obtained online, depending on the state. This course combines both the traffic controller (Blue Card) and the implementation of traffic control plans (Yellow Card).

As in the construction industry, the White Card can also be used if you want to work as a traffic controller or to complete additional Blue Card RTA studies.

To obtain the White Card, you must attend the Occupational Safety and Health course (OH&S course) that lasts one day, and after, you must complete a short exam.

Why is it also called Green Card?
It was commonly called a Green Card previously because the card was green, but in recent years it has been changed to white, which is why sometimes it's called White Card and sometimes Green Card, but they're the same!
Usually, the price ranges from $70 to $100 Australian dollars.

If you were interested in this article: “Requirements you must meet to work in the industry of your choice”, you can contact us to receive all the information you need, write to us through our communication channels. Educonnecting will be with you supporting you at every stage of your stay in the country in which you have chosen to study.

    Tell us what would you like to do?

    Study abroadRenew visa

    What would you like to study?

    In which country would you like to live?

    Which city would you want to live in?

    When do you plan to travel?

    In which country do you live?

    In which city do you live?

    In which city do you live?

    In which city do you live?

    In which city do you live?

    When did you arrive to Australia?

    What type of visa do you have?

    When does your visa expire?

    What is your nationality?

    Full name




    Leave a comment